On March 1, the TV channel «Nauka» together with the Russian branch of the Internet-encyclopedia Wikipedia «Wikimedia RU» begins accepting applications for the first stage of photo contest «Take pictures of science!» . The shots of the winners will illustrate the scientific articles of Wikipedia.
«Take pictures of science!» is a contest of custom videos and photos aimed at video bloggers, journalists, scientists, students and everyone who wants to make scientific videos and photos. The main goal of the contest is to popularize scientific knowledge.
This year, the participants will receive a new nomination, and the competition itself will be held in two stages. The first stage - photo contest - starts on March 1, and the acceptance of works ends on April 30. The winners of the first stage will be announced in June. As in the previous year, the brightest images submitted to the contest will become participants of the photo exhibition, which will be held in Moscow, and in autumn – at the regions’ central venues of the «All-Russian Science Festival NAUKA 0+».
You can submit photos for participation in the contest in 7 categories:
- «People in Science» – scientists in their natural habitat;
- «Microimages» – images obtained using a microscope;
- «Not a photo» – audio and video files, computer-generated images, scientific visualization: infographics, etc.;
- «Series» – from 2 to 10 images that are combined by topic and uploaded as a series of files;
- «Science Around» – all the other images that do not fall into the categories above: from archeology to zoology and from volcanology to astronomy;
- «Nature» - images of nature and the animal world;
- «Cosmos» - special category dedicated to the 60th anniversary of the first human spaceflight.
A total of 2,000 authors have participated in the competition since its launch in 2016, and more than 7,000 entries have been submitted. The project attracted participants from 6 countries and more than 200 cities, and the best works were demonstrated on digital resources and on the air of the TV channel «Nauka».
All the details about the contest «Shoot science!» are on the website: https://naukatv.ru/photo-science