Negotiations on the development of cooperation in the field of education between Russia and Zambia, were conducted during the visit to Zambia of Pavel Shevtsov, Deputy Head of Rossotrudnichestvo, on February 11/13, 2020 formed the basis for a new level of partnership in this area.
During meetings with the Assistant to the President of Zambia, the leadership of the Ministry of Higher Education, the Association of graduates of Russian universities, the leadership of leading Zambian universities, the Atomic Energy Agency, and students of the RCSC in Lusaka, the following areas of work were recorded:
- Creation of a joint commission to form an expanded list of criteria for the selection of students sent to Russia under the quota.
- Compulsory courses in language training, country studies and cross - cultural communications for students sent to study
- Expansion of the subjects and formats of educational courses conducted on the basis of the RCSC in Lusaka, including the widespread use of online formats.
- Coordination of partnership between universities of Russia and Zambia, including scientific exchange.
- Creating opportunities for continuing education in Russia at higher levels for the best students from Zambia.
- Creation of a platform for the employment of graduates of Russian universities in conjunction with the Alumni Association.
"Our goal is to train highly qualified personnel for the economy of Zambia, taking into account the needs of industries and specific enterprises. I am sure that these people will open a new page in relations between our countries. They will become not only drivers for the development of Zambia, but also ambassadors of Russian culture," said Pavel Shevtsov.